Thursday, April 10, 2008

April 21, 2008

Well, ladies and gentlemen,

On April 21, I am leaving for my next trip. Here is a rundown of what things look like, and what you can be praying for me about.


So, these are two pretty long flights. Usually when I fly, the trip is composed of four flights. Generally we have from ATL to LA, from LA to Hong Kong, from Hong Kong to Teipei, and Teipei to Jakarta. Well clearly, I'm going to a different country this time, and flying a different direction. So, one stop, and long flights. This should be tons of fun. I bet the flight attendants will speak to me in German.

So, I arrive in India at 12:35 am... which should also be fun. Hopefully customs will be open! The city which I will actually be staying in is much further south than Delhi, but the ticket was abt 300$ less... so, my BFF will meet me at the airport, and together we will spend a few days in Delhi (helping me get acclimated to India) and the take a very long train ride down south to B-Town.

This is where I will be based for the following two months. I'll be living and working with a team of Americans who work for the board. My job is basically to take their raw data from research and enter it into files that can be accessed more easily. It doesn't really sound like an exciting project, but it is something that needs to be done, and I am ready to minister to this team in any way that I can. I hope that in addition to working in the office, I can also develop relationships with national family who my friend is already working with. This could be a good place to jump right in and show the love of our Father.

After the two months are over, I will be heading back to Indonesia. I have acceted a position as an English teacher at EF/ English First, Karawaci! I am very excited about this. EF is the same company which I was working with before when i was in Indonesia. This time around, I will be with the same company but a different location, just on the other sida of Jakarta. This contract will last for one year from the time I arrive in Jakarta (around June 25).

My hope for this is that I will be able to pick back up with the relationships which I have already begun in this area. There are a few people who I feel like God was working in their hearts. I hope to reconnect with them and see where they are spiritually at this time. I also hope to learn more about a specific M org. which opperates all over the country doing great works such as Bible translation, etc. In addition to this, I am praying for new relationships with people who are openhearted and interested in learning about truth. It is my desire than in my job as a teacher I may also be found to be set apart and different from other teachers who do not have the Light of the Father in their hearts.

So, for the next 14 months, this is where I will be. This is what I will be doing. As far as prayer requests go... I'll post them tomorrow. Please take the time to read my blog while I am gone. I am going to be keeping up with it as often as possible!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, yea, i know these are gonna be busy days for you--especially during the travelling days. i hope your journeys--both the physical and spiritual ones--go very smoothly and well. i have complete confidence that you will make the most of it and will do a great job at anything you put your heart into.

keep the blog updated! :)

Coupon Callie said...

I'm going to miss you, Shelifred. I know that God is going to bless you like crazy!! Know that I'll be praying for you every step of the way. I love you dearly!