Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Means of Grace

Hello my good fellows,





My church, Christ Church of Metro Atlanta, always has a fellowship potluck and communion after our services on Sundays. I just want to interject and say that I love the brothers and sisters who meet together for this time! Today, I sat with Scott and Marcy, Amy and Josh, and Tyler! Wonderful! Each week I try to sit with different people for the meal. I really want to get to know people and to be part of their lives, and to have them as a part of my life. This is so important to church life, and the individual lives of believers also.



When I was in Indonesia, if there was one thing that I learned, it would be the value of the corporate body of Christ. Have you ever realized the beauty of the church and its significance in life?? Man, its amazing and grace flows through this medium into our hearts. It's a means of grace for the believer. God has chosen and ordained that his children would be fed and ministered to through one another in a symbiotic relationship. Its great! When we minister to one another, God is ministering to us.



So, I am thankful!



I am also thankful that I checked out two books today. First I got God is the Gospel, and then I got The Hidden Smile of God. The latter is book two from a series of biographies by John Piper. This particular volume is focused on the lives of John Bunyun, William Cowper, and David Brainerd. I am pretty stoked about reading it as I find such encouragement from the saints who wrote and spoke with such passion and ferver over the years! Praise God for the testimony of those who the world will never embrace, for the life of deep anguish over the souls of men, for the Word written on a heart which was not silenced. Praise be to God who is compassionate and just.



Thats all.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Sheley, I really love our lunches too. I enjoyed sitting with you this past Sunday. Scott and I probably should do the same thing you do, move around to sit with different people. I hope that you love your books!