Monday, November 5, 2007

prayer

Praise the Lord. My help, my strength, my foundation, my lover, my friend. Ancient of days. How I need you. How I long for your spirit. I am completely held and sustained by your word; your breath gives me life. Oh Lord, how I long to be close to you, to be held close to your bosom under your wing. Father, would you take me in and minister to me? Oh Lord, that you would be magnified, that people would know you and give you praise! May I spend and be spent for the sake of your glory. Lord, sustain me.
This is a hard hard night for me. Probably no sleeping. My spirit is cast down, and I think that is an understatement. On behalf of my dad, who is living in darkness and close to suicide. I must pray.

Oh Lord, please have mercy on my father. Lord, I recognize you as sovereign Lord, and I know that you are good in all of your ways and purposes. Oh lord, I plead that you would open my father’s eyes to see your loving kindness toward him. Father comfort him by Christ’s sufferings. Please pull him from this pit and bring salvation to his soul.
Lord God, I thank you that you are a good God ad that you show kindness to all. I thank you that you are faithful and righteous. None of us has deserved your loving kindnesses, but you have given them. Lord I praise you for my own life which has been redeemed. God, please work in my family to give them the same blessing. Break down walls, hard hearts, and bitterness. Father, reveal yourself to them, and they will not be able to resist. You are too glorious and desirable to resist. Oh Lord please, please redeem my family and keep my father from overbearing saddness. Keep him in your hand, even if its not the time for him to be saved, please spare his life now... so there’s more time, but I ask for his soul.

I don’t know what I am saying anymore. I feel so tired, but my mind won’t stop racing. Please give me rest tonight and a renewed spirit so that I can be a blessing to my dad, so that he will see your goodness. Lord please deal graciously with him, and me.

October 28, 2007

No comments: