Monday, November 3, 2008

Chocolate Cake A La Rice Cooker!

Tonight finds me pretty hyped up on sugar and artificial mocha flavoring, and what a way to go :-) I am so excited because I made a special cake! A very special cake, indeed! It was baked in our very own rice cooker! That's right, a rice cooker! Well, I told my sister that I was doing this and she just asked, "why don't you just make it in the oven?" That is a great question, and the answer is simple. We don't have an oven; we only have a stove top and a rice cooker!

So lets take a look at the equipment and ingredients!


Our beautiful rice cooker




4 eggs, sponge cake mix, margarine, vanilla and artificial mocha flavors

So, I mixed it all up!


And poured it into the rice cooker and switched it on.



Then I waited for abt an hour, while Anne made some home made icing with mocha flavoring! Yum

So, an hour later, we got this and I sprinkled it with come chocolate sprinkles which are more like chocolate chips.


It smelled really good!!!




We let it cool, flipped it onto a plate and iced it!! Delicious!


It looked beautiful and we topped it with more sprinkles!




Here is the slice I saved for you!

7 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian K said...

that's a really great idea, Sheley. looks yummy.

great to talk to you on the phone the other day. i can't wait to meet you.

-- Chris' friend brian

Unknown said...

haha, that is *A LOT* of chocolate. i bet you were buzzin for a while after you got off the phone w/ me at 2am. ;)

p.s. you better give me some of that cake!

The Hairfield Crew said...

that cake actually looks yummy.

Tales of a Girl said...

amazing...you're making my stomach growl and my mouth water!

Coupon Callie said...

No Indonesian coupons and deals yet, but I'll try to get you the hookup. :)

And now I'm hungry for cake.

Marcy said...

That cake looks seriously yummy. I am surprised at how well it turned out of the rice cooker! I don't know how I got so far behind on your blog, but I am trying to catch up on everyone's!