Since November I have been teaching English to a French family.The family moved here a few days before Thanksgiving and a few days after thanksgiving I gave them their placement assessments and have been teaching them since then. Emmanuelle is the mom; she is quite a character :-) Her husband's name is Fulcran, but I don't give him lessons. His English is good enough already. The oldest son is Arthur, who is 13. Next we have Thomas, who is 10. Then there is Maelie, who is 5. She is adorable for sure.
Anyway, if you have talked to me since late November, then you know how much I love the Periers and how much I love teaching. If you didn't know this, then you really need... well i dunno, maybe to pay more attention to me, but anyway.
Yesterday were our last lessons until the new year, so we had some fun! I arrived at 9:00 am, and gave Maelie her lesson because she was ripe and ready to go. There was no school so everybody was home, except dad, he still had to work. Around 10:30 It was time for the boys lessons, so I tricked them by starting out with a very very hard tenses quiz! I am so mean. While they were doing the tense quiz, Emmanuelle and Maelie went to Costco... and so the rest of my plan worked out well. When the boys finished their quiz, i told them that our lesson for the day was about sequence and following directions in simple present tense to which they sighed and rolled their cute little eyes. So, I told them firs to wash their hands and then meet me in the Kitchen. When they came in all of the cookie dough was ready along with the sprinkles and the icing! YAY! So we made cookies and decorated them. It was a great surprise for Emmanuelle and for Maelie when they came home.
Well, we weren't exactly finished, so we had to keep Maelie out of the kitchen... so I distracted her with a few strategic games of Uno. Mom had to cook lunch in the kitchen too, but she promised not to look at the cookies that were being decorated. We finished our last batch and decorating, and revealed our creations to mom and Maelie, who were both excited!
Then we ate a very very very very yummy French lunch that Emmanuelle made for us. I mean, it was amazing. Then we ate form of our cookies along with some ice cream and fresh raspberries and blueberries! AMAZING! Then I played a few more games with Maelie while Emmanuelle was getting ready for her lesson. We talked about Christmas past, present, and future. Perfect to practice all three tenses! Great day!
Here are some pictures!
Thomas with the special cookie for his Dad, it says Noel, which is Christmas in French.

2 comments:
They look absolutely precious! I love the cookies... too cute.
It sounds like you are a very good teacher and friend to this family! Merry Christmas Sheley!
Post a Comment